As of July 16, 2018 Transitions photochromic light intelligent lenses added four new colors to their existing three options. Existing Signature colors are Gray, Brown and Graphite Green while newly added Style colors are Sapphire, Amethyst, Emerald and Amber.
I recently attended a Transitions and Walman Optical hosted webinar about this new release, during which I learned that the new color release is Transitions’ effort to market to a younger and wider customer base. A large percent of younger generations do not know what Transitions are and what they do.
- While they last you can request a style kit for your office.
- Get your practice listed on the “where to buy” on the Transitions website by having at least one patient register their Transitions online using your practice’s location ID number.
- The Amber color uses the brown as a base while the three other colors use the gray as a base.
- All seven colors block 100% of UV rays. The new style colors block 10% less blue light than the signature colors simply due to their color difference.
- The new colors are the same price AND have the same processing time at your lab as the Signature colors!
- The new colors are not currently billable through VSP, with no ETA.